About Me

My photo
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Dr Robbie Adler-Tapia is a licensed psychologist who specializes in working with clients who have experienced trauma. Even though she works with clients of all ages Dr Robbie specializes in working with young children. Dr Robbie provides therapy for clients with attachment and adoptions issues, child abuse histories, and for law enforcement. She is an EMDR Institute Facilitator and EMDR/HAP Trainer. With the EMDR HAPKIDS Program, Dr. Adler-Tapia volunteers to assist with coordinating research, consultation, and training for therapists working with children internationally. She has also provided specialty trainings on treating attachment and the dissociative sequelae, working with young children in the child welfare system and on EMDR with children. Along with her co-author, Carolyn Settle, Dr. Adler-Tapia is co-author of the book, EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy With Children and accompanying treatment manual, and a chapter on EMDR with Children in the soon to be released book edited by Allen Rubin and David Springer, The Clinician's Guide to Evidence-Based Practice Series, Volume 2, Treatment of Traumatized Adults and Children.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog! I hope this is the beginning of a great learning process for all of us as we maneuver the adventure of life. I have chosen to start a blog to share information about my work and the amazing individuals with whom I have the opportunity to meet. The longer I practice as a psychologist the more I realize how much I have to learn. And, I typically learn the most from my clients with whom I have the honor to work - especially children. I also enjoy the company of many brilliant and compassionate professionals both within the mental health community and other professions. Even though I will never share any confidential information, posts will include descriptions of what I have learned from the experience of being a psychologist, woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. The posts that review clinical practice and literature are designed to provide information that may benefit you in your life. The blogs may challenge you to learn, or question your life, or experience many different emotions. Ultimately, the goal is to share what I've learned to help you in fulfilling your life goals and finding peace and happiness. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment