About Me

My photo
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Dr Robbie Adler-Tapia is a licensed psychologist who specializes in working with clients who have experienced trauma. Even though she works with clients of all ages Dr Robbie specializes in working with young children. Dr Robbie provides therapy for clients with attachment and adoptions issues, child abuse histories, and for law enforcement. She is an EMDR Institute Facilitator and EMDR/HAP Trainer. With the EMDR HAPKIDS Program, Dr. Adler-Tapia volunteers to assist with coordinating research, consultation, and training for therapists working with children internationally. She has also provided specialty trainings on treating attachment and the dissociative sequelae, working with young children in the child welfare system and on EMDR with children. Along with her co-author, Carolyn Settle, Dr. Adler-Tapia is co-author of the book, EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy With Children and accompanying treatment manual, and a chapter on EMDR with Children in the soon to be released book edited by Allen Rubin and David Springer, The Clinician's Guide to Evidence-Based Practice Series, Volume 2, Treatment of Traumatized Adults and Children.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pay it Forward

I find great wisdom and joy in reading quotes.
I am sharing these two quotes because I have had many reminders
over the last several days of the incredible people in my life and
the challenges I have over come because I have so many loving people to support me.

As I can never repay the debt I owe to the people who have loved me,
supported me, challenged me and demanded that I be true to myself
while striving to be who I have the potential to be,
I can only try to repay my debt to the amazing people in my life
by sending out to others this kindness and love.

So today on "Youth Day" in South Africae where the we celebrate
the activities of school students who contributed to the end of Apartheid,
I thought that writing about joy and paying it forward seemed apropos.



Live.
Breathe.
It is not fear that we need to live by, but joy, hope.
Inside you, in your ocean, maybe it seems barren;
maybe it feels as if there is no hope, no kindness,
no reason for happiness.
But deep within you, undeniably, something rumbles,
cries out, wants to be born.
Allow the joy to come forward.
Allow the hope to exist.

Maharaji



Hope is a state of mind, not of the world.
Hope, in this deep and powerful sense,
is not the same as joy that things are going well,
or willingness to invest in enterprises
that are obviously heading for success,
but rather an ability to work for something
because it is good.

Vaclav Havel

No comments:

Post a Comment